SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poorowner_gw

help with french door curtains

PoorOwner
15 years ago

Hi I have a 4 glass panel traditional style, wood french door looking out into the backyard patio, I have 2 cats that love to look out the backyard, we have been using sheer curtains that suspend from a rod above glass, on the bottom we didn't use a rod to pull it tight, the cats love to push over the curtain and look outside, sometimes they will scratch and bite the dangling curtain though. Over time now the sheer is full of fur and pretty much destroyed.

I am ready to get something different that I could move and look out the window, I looked at the hunter douglas cell curtains that you pull down. I wonder how it would last, I like it because it has a low profile and smooth operation, but kind of look too modern for the doors, and my decor. I could live with that but what I don't know is if the cat hair will get stuck to it and make it impossible to clean, or damaged by cat claws eventually?

I thought about solid blinds but our room is also kind of dark but opaque level of sheer (or cell shade) seems just enough to give privacy but not make the room dark, like solid blinds would..

It seems like the price will be at a premium and must be installed by their installer, does anyone know how much these things cost?

Whatever I get I think I would just leave the curtain about 1/3" open from the bottom so the cats can look outside without too much interaction with it.

Comments (9)