SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abundantblessings

Possible CL scam

abundantblessings
15 years ago

This may be old news to most, but I hadn't come across this particular scam before. I'm putting it out there to help other unsuspecting buyers.

Saw an item on CL I wanted and e-mailed the seller. This is the response:

"The item is located in Schenectady, NY. This unit is brand new and it is guaranteed with a two years warranty and I ensure you that you will be extremely satisfied with your purchase!

I work for Shell International E&P and I begin ed a 2 year job assignment in London, United Kingdom so I will handle the transaction from here. The price is only -- including shipping costs and insurance charges.

I\'ve listed the unit on craigslist and e bay. I want this transaction to be done through e bay for our own protection. In this way both of us will start the deal with good faith so we can take it to a smooth end.

If you are interested please email me the following details in order to start the process:

your e bay user name

any negative feedback if so...for what reason

your full name and your home address for the shipping; also your phone # or your cell #

Waiting to hear from you."

I informed him I would purchase through e-bay using paypal. Of course, it can't be found on e-bay. When I let him know it wasn't on e-bay, he politely asked me to send him all the requested info so he could begin the process on his end.

Ha!

Comments (14)