SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
no_green_thumb

Before and After of my 'warzone' backyard

no_green_thumb
15 years ago

I started this project in the Spring. We had discussions here of concrete vs pavers, and I received a lot of food for thought. We decided on the pavers - and after waiting several weeks for a professional design that came in at about twice what we told him we wanted to spend, we began interviewing again. We lost a lot of time, but did find someone who did exactly what he said he would. We are grateful to have found him and very happy with the results. Some of the pix aren't the best because of the sun, but right now is the only chance I have to take pix and post.

Jan-in-Wisconsin, if you are reading, I am including pix of the walkways I dug in. I did all of the landscaping and planting. My guys did the patio and graded the yard and did the grass. There were several delays because of rain here - and now it has barely rained a drop in about 6 weeks, so we will owe the water company big time!! I still have a lot to do, probably buying new furniture next year.

Of course, any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thanks again to all who gave me suggestions.

Before:--- an ugly flagstone patio that could have been beautiful had it been installed properly. Grass died over last winter.

After:

This is from the step coming out of the french doors.

This is near the laundry room door. I dug a flagstone path to the barbeque grill. I wanted it out of the way. We can now walk right out the door and down the path to the grill.

Shot of the backyard with grass.

The path on the other side. I dug a path through the bed in back of the sunroom and bought a bench to put at the end under the tree.

Looking from the backyard toward the house - sorry the sun is messing it up. The little red chair belongs to my GD.

The laundry room door which leads to the barbeque. I am still trying to figure out how to make the bed against the house look better. I am trying to hide the wires and the hose, but it looks too busy to me. Next Spring!!

Coming out of the kitchen. He did a nice job on the steps. When he first put them in, we didn't think they were wide enough. He made them 4" wider with no complaint!!

Comments (22)