SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

How to handle curb appeal with no walk to front door?

lyfia
15 years ago

Our house sits far from the street (acerage lots) and parking is not allowed in front so nobody would ever walk up from the street to the front door other than by our drive way. We already have a walk that takes you onto the porch on the side. Neighbors all have different variations of this depending on how their house sits, but most due to not having a porch to the edge has a walk leading to the front door. Nobody has a walk to the street.

We considered adding a walk from the current walk to snake around to the front, but it would never be used. I know this from experience as that is how my old house was as well. Also we priced the cost of this and it doesn't seem like a good idea to waste $1000 for something that would never be used. We could definetly use that towards beefing up the columns instead (which is on our plan as well)

I'm currently being bored unable to do anything physical so I was planning out how to do flower beds next spring around the front porch and can't figure out what to do in the opening in front of the door.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Here is a pic of the front (from this winter) and one of how you enter the porch to get to the front door (from May).

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (22)