SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bird_lover6_gw

What Sherwin Williams colors are you buying? :)

bird_lover6
12 years ago

I'm very excited that such a great sale is going on now since I need to paint, but I guess I'd better make a decision soon! LOL

Looking at Tamerind, Latte, Chrysanthemum, and Ivoire, and will buy more Westhighland White for the woodwork.

Comments (28)

• finz2left
    12 years ago

Sassy Green for my kitchen backsplash, Rice Grain for my living room.

• chispa
    12 years ago

I was going to buy a bunch, but the Softer Tan I was going to use in a large part of the house turned very highlighter yellow/green once up on the walls. I ended up with a BM color and paint. Both stores are close by so I don't color match. I was going to use SW Whole Wheat in the dinning room and living room, but now that the main color has changed I need to go back to sampling colors.

• leafy02
    12 years ago

Obstinate Orange. It's my kitchen's color and our recent remodeling means one wall needs to be repainted. Wish I was buying something for fun....

• joyce_6333
    12 years ago

My recent purchases are: Latte, Nomadic Desert, and Halcyan Green.

• deeinohio
    12 years ago

Light french gray for my bath.
    Dee

• sewwhatsnew
    12 years ago

Just responded to the SW sale and I want you to know you can buy the white paint at sale prices, and tint later FREE, just in case you can't decide...like myself!! Remember they tint to your favorite BM colors too.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

I want Celery for the guest BR.

• bird_lover6
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I decided to get Nomadic Desert instead of Latte since my living room is a bit on the dark side. I think I'm going to pick up an extra can or two untinted paint, as well. Great idea!

• kayec28
    12 years ago

I'm repainting my front door in SW Kimono Violet accented with Vigorous Violet. My dark purple door was getting lost in the shadows. I'm going a lot brighter on this one. *fingers crossed*

I like the idea of buying the white paint and waiting to choose the tint, since I have a couple of bedrooms yet to paint and don't know where I'm going yet. Would you just tell them you want the white base paint or do you have to actually name a certain white or how would that work?

• anotherlinda
    12 years ago

So far I've bought 8 sample pots :)

I'm driving myself batty over the color choices. We just bought a small, older 3 bedroom home and need to paint it inside and out. Instead of stressing out (and losing sleep!) I'll buy several gallons of white base on Monday (last sale day) and have it tinted when I get this color scheme figured out.

For the interior, leaning toward Comfort Gray, Sea Salt, Softer Tan (hope this plays nicely with the two cool grays), Dover White for trim. Also need to paint kitchen cabs but I think I'll use Cabinet Coat paint for that.

I do like SW Superpaint formula - I've been painting all the closets in a White eggshell finish. Goes on like a dream, one coat coverage - I'm impressed!

• tfm1134
    12 years ago

Whole Wheat in den, Believable Buff in foyer and stairs and Grassland in Master bedroom

• User
    12 years ago

The problem with buying white is that it won't tint to to anything but pastel tones. If you want a medium to dark color, you need to buy the appropriate base for that color range. If they are on a 3 base system, then that means choosing a medium or deep base if that is appropriate. And it's sometimes difficult to know which base something will need if it's borderline medium/dark.

• greenthumbfish
    12 years ago

Surely they would exchange the base color on an unopened can in the same brand paint, huh?

• greenthumbfish
    12 years ago

Oops! I forgot to answer the question...only one sample pot... SW Argos. Some of the paint I bought/am buying will be tinted later even though I'm fairly sure what they will be. It's that prerogative thing ;-)

• queenofmycastle0221
    12 years ago

I just recently painted my master bedroom and bathroom SW Sand Beach and am loving it. I am considering SW Chopsticks for my kitchen but absolutely love SW Copper Mountain but afraid to take the leap in this kitchen. I had it in my former kitchen.

• labbie
    12 years ago

We've stocked up during the last 2 sales to spruce up our new-to-us, horribly bland house. Here are the colors we're using so far:
    - foyer and hallways: Canvas Tan
    - trim and molding throughout: Pure White
    - front living room: Balanced Beige
    -dining room: (above chair rail: Dried Thyme
    - family room: Tatami Tan
    - Master Bedroom: Sensuous Gray
    - Office: Camelback
    - Guest room: Harvester
    - Guest room2/reading room: Copper Pot

• mellyc123
    12 years ago

Alabaster for kitchen cabinets
    Aloe for walls ( really teal retro color)
    Ellie Gray for an adjacent wall, but thinking of changing it to wool skein

Thinking of Hazel or Silvermist for dining room...

• gracie01 zone5 SW of Chicago
    12 years ago

Oak Creek for DR
    Khaki Shade above chair rail & Dapper Tan below chair rail in foyer

• ttodd
    12 years ago

High Reflectance White.
    Starting Office on Tuesday!

It feels so good to finally be putting the 'real' paint on the walls after yrs. of living w/ CTG samples on the walls. It's finally getting done for real!!!

• katrina_ellen
    12 years ago

Trim Color - Creamy
    Living room - Favorite Tan
    Bathroom- Modest White
    Kitchen - Blonde
    Laundry Room - Netsuke
    Entry Door - Riverway
    those 40% off sales are wonderful

• sparty00
    12 years ago

I bought Blonde for our kitchen, Baguette for our living room, hallway & dining room, Perfect Greige for our bedroom and Tony Taupe for our spare room.

We're already painted the Blonde and Baguette and I love them both!

• massagerocks
    12 years ago

we painted our whole first floor SW Blonde. There is so much light variations in the rooms, it looks like we used different colors. It was easier to paint everything the same. Now i wont forget what color we used, and the color variation due to lighting differences is enough so its not boring. We love the color, it is very versatile and looks good in all light. Its just a nice neutral backdrop with color. If you like BM Moore paints, we used Flowering Herbs in the hallways upstairs..it is a beautiful taupey green and looks nice where its visible to the the SW Blonde. In the past, Ive used alot of BM Bar Harbor Beige, which is my all time favorite neutral beige.

• catkin
    12 years ago

Tricorn Black...for when I finally get the nerve to paint the interiors of my entrance doors. Talk me down! LOL

• itltrot
    12 years ago

I didn't buy any. :'(

I saw this post yesterday but didn't open it until today. Dang. I would've bought a color for the guest room maybe a celery color. Also new hallway color, hall bath color and extra trim paint.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

That's OK, I didn't make it either! Just too busy at work this week. Oh well, realistically I won't be able to to paint until Christmas break probably.

• kayec28
    12 years ago

catkin,

My interior doors are all BM Iron Mountain. Once I painted them, after a day or two they really just faded into the background. It's only when other people come to my house and compliment the doors (unsolicited)that I even notice them anymore. Don't be nervous. It's really not as big a deal as you think it is, but you'll find them a hundred times more stylish than a plain white door once you get it done.

• Lazarus St. Bernadine
    8 years ago

Just did my master br with SW Argos on 3 walls and SW Riverway for the accent wall behind the bed. STUNNING!

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County