SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
itltrot_gw

How to organize this linen closet?

itltrot
11 years ago

First off, I apologize for the horrible picture that barely shows the linen cabinet. Apparently I've never taken a picture of just the cabinet.

This space has always been an unorganized mess of a closet/cabinet. As you can see the hallway is a mess. We just installed new flooring and I was trying to determine if we should do wainscoting in the hallway hence all the tape. We decided against it. But with new flooring, baseboards, freshly painted trim and walls the linen cabinet was feeling neglected.

The cabinet is 29" wide and approximately 22" deep. The top half has 4 shelves all the way to the ceiling the whole width of the closet. The bottom half has 4 equal sized drawers.

I don't know how to organize this or even what should really be in it. And we've lived here 11 years this month. It had games, blankets, sheets, towels, beach towels, wash cloths, hand towels, wrist/ankle/knee braces, heating pad, poison ivy wash, candles, candlesticks, votives, old cough drops, nyquil...as you can see just about everything.

All the towels were in the drawers. The games at the very top where you need a ladder to get to them if you are only a smidge over 5'. Candles and medicine like stuff where on the bottom shelf. The other shelves had blankets and sheets stuffed in them. It was scary.

It's just DH and I but we have enough towels for a family of 20. How many towels should a person really have? We keep the guest towels in the guest bathroom. Guest extra blankets/pillows in the guest room closet.

I see closets like these and they make me wish mine was organized too.

Help me, please!!

Comments (12)