SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori316_gw

headboard/master bedroom redo suggestions? (pics)

lori316
12 years ago

I posted a couple of weeks ago about what I was trying to do in my master bedroom remodel. We live near the water and I wanted a "beachy" feel to the room. Here is my inspiration picture from houzz:

eclectic bedroom design by Tricia Rose

Here's what I have made so far:

I know it still needs work. I also know this isn't everybody's taste, so bear with me ;) This room has a long way to go and this is my first step in it.

Here's a shot stepped back a bit (excuse the cell phone pics and my lack of tidying up, including one of the kids' bells on the nightstand...HAHAHA!). This is before I added the starfish and other little pieces. It has already changed a bit from this. That nightstand on the right is kitty-cornered now, with an old driftwood-looking chair next to the bed, which I love, love, but haven't taken a picture of yet. Hopefully I can get that picture up tonight.

The bedding is temporary, as is the cedar chest at the foot of the bed until I find something I love. I would like to add a bench, similar to a picnic table bench there.

So my questions:

1....You will see there is a piece missing on the left. I didn't like the one I had and will replace it tomorrow. I also have a little "stick" that I will add above one of the pieces on the left. Other than that...add a few more things, or leave it alone? I want simple, not over-kill.

2....Does it look "natural" enough?

3....DH loves the color of the wall. Me not so much (for this room decor, anyway), but I'm okay keeping the dark green. However, I'm wondering if I need to do something to make the transition better between the white "canvas" of the headboard and the wall? I'm thinking a crown moulding at the top that will give me a small shelf to put some shells/sea glass on it. I think it would have to be pretty small though. My original thought was to put sheers above, with tie-backs to sort of frame it, but I think that would be a distraction from the headboard.

The reason I wanted to do the sheers is because I want to work in this chandelier, which I love which should give me my shabby-chic look I want:

http://www.lampsplus.com/products/52-inch-casa-deville-candelabra-ceiling-fan__87534-45518-01464.html

I'll try to take more/better pictures tonight in better light, but any other suggestions? (please be nice...lol)

Comments (6)