SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgps

Men, the clueless variant

rgps
9 years ago

This is a sexist, over generalized, stereotypical rant. Beware.

My brother and husband, we'll call them Jezbo and Jethro just to set the stage, are so lame. Also just to set the stage their vehicles are a 1984 pickup truck and a 1983 Land Cruiser, repectively. Both are overly educated nincompoops as far as I can see. In their former lives one an attorney, one an engineer.

Here's the latest. I spend weeks, with you guys helping, picking out fabrics to spiff up the ancient but excellent furniture to use in our home that has been remodeled at considerable expense, tho we did a lot of the labor. I tell them the bill for fabric and labor to redo a sofa, 4 dining chairs and 2 swivel rockers. Grand total is a mere $2,500. You'd think they were giving birth judging by the groans and near shrieks those two made.

I mean really, I thought it was a bargain. They all of a sudden think there is nothing wrong with leaving well enough alone, nothing a good vacuuming won't cure. Are they kidding? There is 30+ years of crude on those pieces as well as burn holes ( fireplace escapee embers) and my god the swivels are baby blue. (Another good reason to sue my dearly departed, much loved, mother).

And my husband wonders why I still work some shifts at the hospital when the mood suits me instead of retiring like he did at 55. I must have MY money to override these wacko buckeroos.

Y'all need to give me strength.

Comments (49)