SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Plugmold questions for built-in office installation

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

We are putting in built-in cabinetry in our home office and plan to put in a plug mold strip for a charging station inside one of our cabinets. It will be going inside cabinet 5 in the picture below:

We presently have a wire in the wall that our electrician put in last year along with some extra wire since we did not know the exact location at that time. Cabinets are on order and are due to be installed next week. Meanwhile, we are having trouble contacting our electrician and we want to have this figured out before installation. In picture below the white cover to the right is where the wire is presently and the blue strip is where I want the plug mold to go--but inside the cabinet.

Open issues are:

1. What type of plugmold to buy. Ideally, I'd like to order/pick out now prior to cabinet installation.

1. Where/how to move the wire (which at this point looks like my DH will do this weekend). I have checked the stud is to the right of the wire so it just needs to be moved up about 18" and over a few inches. Since a cabinet will be going there, I'm thinking we can just cut the sheetrock, move the wire, and then patch/repaint. We just need to figure out best place to move the wire since the cabinet installers will then be cutting the back of the cabinet to route the wire through. I can figure out the height, but am not sure the width--but am thinking it'd be at the end of the strip.

We will arrange to have an electrcian install the plugmold after the cabinet installation.

Comments (3)