SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eldemila

Removing a Wall - What to Do with the Switch and Outlet? PICTURE

eldemila
14 years ago

We have an offer on a house and though we don't have a clue if we'll get it, I'd like to get all my "ducks in a row" together and have a game plan ready.

The pic below is the area going in to the master bathroom. I want to put in a door where the open doorway is. The door on the left of your screen in the actual master bath. Besides the vanity you see in the pic, there's another small vanity/sink in the actual bathroom. We don't need 2 sinks and I'd like to either try and remove the wall on the right of the doorway and remove the small sink/vanity or even leave the wall as it stands but put a linen closet in place of the small sink/vanity.

Either option, what do I do with the electrical outlet and light switch that are on the inside wall in that bathroom? If I keep the wall, I can probably switch the outlets to the outside wall so you can turn them on before entering, but if I remove that wall...I haven't a clue? Where would you move it to that wouldn't be akward to reach and turn on the light or use the outlet?

{{gwi:1469288}}

Comment (1)