SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turkeytrott

SS -Is it time to give up

turkeytrott
18 years ago

I have a 16 year old step son that came to live with us in March of this year because he was put in children's aid as his mother is not a good parent,so we started visitations with him from October 'til he moved in. She had 2 boys (different fathers)and my ss is the younger one (but they both ended up in children's aid).My hubby has paid support from the time paternity test were done but we could not find her to fight for visitation.We got to meet him when he was 14 then she moved away.We were not married when she became pregnant as we had breifly split up.Anyways we have 4 children of our own 3 of which are younger.

My ss was in alot of trouble while living with his Mom and we have tried so hard to have him fit in with our family,he says he loves it here and we all get along but he keeps breaking rules that we told him would be in place if he wanted to live here,all went well for about 4 months so we know he can behave.My daughters who are 16 and 15 have lost all patience with him and in all fairness I can understand as he has done some major mistakes that embarrassed them at school.

My hubby is ready to throw in the towel and send him packing back to the mother that taught him you do not have to respect the people that love and care for you.

Please I need any advice I can get,I don't know that I can give up on a child that really does need attention,but I don't want to hurt my children in the process

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor