SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
melody_s_gw

Desk for home office

melody-s
9 years ago

I am hoping the knowledgeable people here can help me out with a problem. I will be setting up my home office soon and I want a large corner desk with lots of room for multiple computer monitors and working room on the desktop. I work in technology and work at home sometimes so I need something really functional, but not too far off from the vintage / shabby chic style that I like. (Yes, I know it is an oxymoron with my office technology needs :)

I like the Kathy Ireland Southampton Oyster L-Desk with Hutch with Left Return (http://computer-desks.officefurniture.com/Distressed-Oyster-White-L-Desk-with-Hutch-Left-Return-OFG-LD1043.aspx) but it will not fit through the narrow doorway into the room.

I found the Sauder Harbor View Hutch for Corner Desk in Antiqued White which would come in pieces and could get through the door, but it seems like the pressboard wood would fall apart in a few years.

I really would like to get something mid to high quality made with solid wood, and I need it to be able to break down into small components so I can get it in the room. Suggestions?

Comments (7)