SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy_pond_gw

Remember...we're all different

cindy_pond
15 years ago

After reading many many posts and seeing the post from ceph and seeing the pictures, it made me realize what different places we're all coming from. I am 52 years old and have had many years of step parenting. As I said in a previous post, I don't approach life the same as I did when I was 22, 32 or even 42. So the point of this is, we are all in different phases of this life with unique and not so unique experiences. We all come from our family of origin equipped with whatever they had to give us. When we give "advice", we might want to remember that the person posting may be young and new to all of this. Or, not in a place right now to "suck it up" or "make lemonade" or whatever we think is the mature thing to do. denying authentic feelings, even the negative ones, just prolongs the growth. We have to own our experiences and feelings and then growth and maturity can come. I am never too old to hear solid sage compassionate advice from women who share this common thread with me...thank you.

Comment (1)