SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boone_2009

Shutters or blinds?

boone_2009
10 years ago

Hi everyone!

Our kitchen is done, yaay...except for the window and door treatments.

We have a window above the sink that slides from right to left, as well as a sliding glass door that opens to the patio and is flanked by two long, fixed windows on either side.

Then we have the adjacent family room with large sliding glass doors plus a fixed picture window to their right as you face them.

We have blinds at present - verticals for doors and the picture window in the family room and horizontals ( all white vinyl )for kitchen windows, but the new kitchen looks so sleek and clean that the old blinds will have to go.

We love shutters and are thinking of putting them in for all but the kitchen window above the sink ( which, for practical purposes of the faucet being in the way, cannot accommodate shutters). What do you all think of white basswood shutters for sliding glass doors and perhaps faux wood blinds ( in white) or a roman shade for that "sink" window?

I also love the bottom-up/top-down shades but was told that though they filter light they won't give us privacy at night.

Are shutters on sliding glass doors practical? We would be getting the ones that slide over each other ( not fold).

Blinds are the most practical ( and least expensive) but I can see why some of our friends say they will "cheapen' the current look of our kitchen.

All suggestions and advice welcome!

Thanks all and I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!