SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ulrike1_gw

Why DH Didn't Call

ulrike1
14 years ago

Hi again, ladies! Here I am again hoping that if I vent to your understanding ears, I will be more calm and understanding with DH. You might recall that DH was unable to give me a goodnight call because he and BM were driving together from SD's music event at her college. He called today during my break, apologized, and then told me that they really got into it about the SDs' religious stuff. They pulled over at a rest area (just like I joked about with you all, but I though it would be to call me) and argued for over an hour.

I'm pretty ticked off at him--we had agreed that we would simply not get into it with her about that, there is no solution, it is just an agree to disagree thing. The worst thing is, he allowed himself to be drawn into a debate about religion itself, rather than just our policy as regards the girls.

So, that can of worms is opened and then some. And here is what I am thinking: this really wasn't about the girls at all. It was about them. It was them rehashing part of the conflict that led up to their divorce. Should he still be doing this?

I am very angry at DH just now. I am at such a pretty city for this seminar, I am just tempted to stay.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert