SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

Speaking of 'the next project...'

mmqchdygg
16 years ago

My coffee table is atrocious. I got it free from f/c, and it's really a nice table, but it's been abused, and has many scratches. Oval thing with a dark mahogany finish. We have a non-clutter-proof family, and it's always covered in STUFF. I hate it. (You know, the stuff you can't throw out, but ends up in a pile on the end of the coffee table for lack of a better place...nuther story for another day). It's a "hot spot" for sure.

Anyway, this is the "mandala circle" project that I've mentioned a couple times. I've found a pattern I like, and I stretched it out so it's oval, and it works. I have no colors planned yet, but have pattern.

Yesterday, a thoughtful gal put up some how-to pages here on various things, and I found out that in order to get total flatness, one has to do the "indirect" mosaic method. Anyone do this, and is it complex? What other "issues" are there to think about? Do I have to take my design and "flip" it horizontally in my Paint program to invert the pattern?

Is it possible to get complete flatness doing it directly? How do your lazy susans & other flat projects come out as far as being "functional" afterwards? Will they hold a small cup comfortably, or are there humps?

Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored