SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mldao

I'm driving myself crazy! Please vote. Pics.

mldao
15 years ago

I'm sorry to once again bring up the subject of paint for the same rooms but I need to make a decision. My wood guy is coming in a few days and I'm still undecided.

All 3 of my kids are getting their rooms and bathrooms painted. Here's my dilema:

1. DD(16) wants a contempory/minimulist look for her room. She wants her room painted a bluish/gray more on the blue side. The original color we picked looked awful with the carpeting. We've settled on two SW colors Pool House and Smokey Blue. Do you think we can install wainscoting or chair rail or will it make the room look more cottagey (is that even a word)? It just seems like a lot of blue w/o at the very least a chair rail.

Left side SW Pool House, Right Side Smokey Blue

{{gwi:1792863}}

Here's a better shot of carpet color.

{{gwi:1792865}}

2. DD(10)has a beautiful faux finish in her room and loves her wall color. We thought if we put up chair rail and wainscoting in her room we can keep the faux finish. The majority of the knicks and scratches are on the lower half of the wall. DDs share a Jack-n-Jill bathroom. Will it look odd to have wainscoting in one BR and not the other? Their bathroom will be painted a creamy white with silver accessories.

DD(10)'s room.

{{gwi:1789766}}

{{gwi:1773396}}

3. DS's is getting his room and bathroom painted. He's outgrown the underwater theme in his bathroom. We primed the upper portion of his walls in his bedroom to get rid of airplane theme. What do you think of painting above chair rail SW Denim or SW Sporting Blue? The lower half would be white. He liked SW Hinting Blue for his bathroom. I'd love to paint his room a chocolate color but I think it would clash with his bedding.

Here's DS's room. Left SW Hinting Blue, Right Denim, bottom Sporting Blue.

{{gwi:1792869}}

{{gwi:1792872}}

Comments (15)