SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cawfecup

what is my place???

cawfecup
16 years ago

How should I handle this situation????

For instance I pick up the 12 yo from school yesterday.... detention again... (stayed at mom's sunday) see a pattern because I do ... he is usually in some sort of trouble mondays and fridays the days after he has spent the night at mom's... oh wait thats my fault as a SM.

Another teacher comes out to talk to me ... oh stop right there I am not his mother I am his SM she says its ok as long as one of his parents gets the message. I should have run out of the buiding and ignored her? Not my kids not my problem! what message does that give the 12 yo?

Seems he doesn't turn in homework on fridays and she gives him till monday to do it (make it up) and he still isn't getting it done. So now what do I say ... well he goes to mom on those days not our problem? or do I say I will talk with dad about it and he will talk with mom about it.

So the 2 nights a week he is going to mom's he is not doing homework. I asked her for the dates he is not doing his homework so I could relay the message... homework that is due on mondays and fridays he is not doing his work and is being unruly in class.... oh I know its because he dreads coming home he acts up on the day he comes home.

They cannot go out until homework is done... so on fridays they are all asked any homework no is usually the answer. So guessing 12 yo figures he can do it sunday nights at mom's but it isn't getting done. Seems this teacher gives him homework every weekend.

Teacher asks.... why is it he can only do a detention on thursdays? what do you mean? He tells me he can only do detentions on thursdays ,... I don't know but any day you feel he needs detentioin he can stay. Do I tell the the teacher mom picks him up on thursdays and does not punish him for his actions we hold him accountable. So he tries to schedule it so mom's picking him up not me or his dad. Nobody is informing dad of the detentions.

I ended the conversation by giving her mom's number and told her to call mom with her concerns and I would relay the message to dad.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville