SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
desertwest

HELP! Milgard installed the wrong windows!

desertwest
13 years ago

I bought 12 Milgard replacement windows and today was the first day of the install. I had to run to work for a couple of hours and when I got back 2 of the windows they installed did not have grills. They were supposed to have grills. All the other windows in the living room have grills so they obviously stand out.

On the final printout I received that showed the itemized windows and options and the total I owed (and already paid in full), it shows they were supposed to have grills. That is what I paid for.

Never having gone through this, when they are delivered is it customary to sign a receipt for goods actually received? If so I never got that. I never signed anything saying I got what I ordered.

I realize it was a dumb move to leave this afternoon. I could have at least stopped them from installing them and adding to the problem. I left a voicemail with the sales rep. He will hopefully call me back first thing.

I feel the company should cover it all. Just wondering what my rights are here? Any of you experience this before?

Comments (4)