SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fauve01

Help with tricky Master window treatments! long w/Photos

fauve01
12 years ago

Hi everyone~ we just got new windows and our ugly blinds do not fit back inside the window frames. darn, i'm so broken up about it, lol.

DH and i want to get something that would be room darkening because DH thinks he might sleep better if it were darker. the blinds aren't very good at blocking the light! Also, our neighbor's house is very very close, and their back porch light shines right into our window when they have it on (often enough to be annoying). privacy is a concern because their house is so close!

i was thinking I would get three long rods and have blackout drapes and sheers behind. BUT the tricky part is the balcony door (we RARELY open it) and the teeny windows beside the fireplace. how to do drapes over those? I don't care if the door is covered.

also tricky is cathedral ceiling, so the ceiling isn't in the same place above all the windows. so where to mount the rods?

*Please excuse the horrible mess, laundry on the bed and carts and piles in front of the fireplace...we still aren't back together after the construction...)* Hopefully i got the photos in here the right way and the right size...the preview looks OK. apologies if not.

view of the door and fireplace

fireplace and balcony door

Bed is across from the big window, to the left of the door.

]

Colors in the attached bath, just FYI

see how close the neighbors are!

the small windows beside the fireplace are 23" X 23". the big window is 47"tall X 71"wide.

whatever we get i want to be able to open the side windows (just to the right when you walk into the door) because there is some nice green out there and no view of the neighbor's house.

HELP!!! how would you do WTs in this bedroom? any links or photos highly appreciated; i am so out of my element with decorating (obviously). adjoining bathroom is newly redone with espresso/almost black cabinet, white marble counter and gray slate. bedroom is currently soft green and will someday get repainted to a warm med. gray, but not too soon. upholstered charcoal headboard is ordered. next big project is hardwood floor in bedroom and possibly changing the fireplace to slate to match the master bath, but those projects are a while off (gotta save up after new bath and windows...LOL). THANKS for any advice.

anne

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County