SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyshadowwalker_gw

Window Woes somethings wrong with the way window came in or am I

ladyshadowwalker
12 years ago

I ordered a Trimline Custom Casement 37.5 x 37.5. ($500.00 at windowrama) to replace my old double awning window.

I'm going to call to tomorrow and hope for some feedback and reassurance that I'm being reasonable in my complaints.

Installation was actually the easy part - its in and perfectly square diagonals measure the same and its perfectly level.

1)It looks like some flange or something is missing from the outside. In the showroom all the windows had a nice finished trim on the outside. The sales man brought out the window and set it so we were looking at the inside. Which looks great When we got it turned over at home the old windows were already out so nothing to do but install it , I expected some parts to be with it screws, the out side trim ,instructions, something but only the handle came with it. Isn't there supposed to be something that slots in that track?

2) It didn't close even before we put it in - i thought it was b/c it wasn't sitting level on the floor. took the two hooks off that catch in the locking mechanism and it closed perfectly. marked the edges of the hook and saw they are installed too low to slide over the roller in the locking mechanism. The one was just slightly off and has been ground down so I can lock the window the other is about 1/2" off

3) one of the removal tabs came off the screen as soon as I pulled on it , not hard mind you i've had these screens before and know not to yank on them.

ANy advice will be appreciated!

Comments (4)