SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
strawberryl

opinion about fss hitting ds

strawberryl
15 years ago

I currently live with my boyfriend of 2 years. I have 3 boys, ages 18, 15, and 11 who live with us. Boyfriend was recently awarded 50% custody after a very long, drawn-out court case. Before that he only had them one night a week and has been fighting for more time with them for as long as Ive known him. She will SAY that he is welcome to have them more often, IÂve read it myself in emails heÂs shown me, but she fights him tooth and nail over everything and this was no different.

So his boys ages 14 and 12 live with us as well.

After all the fighting about custody, BM decided that now was the time to do training for 6 weeks for her job, out of state. So we have had them pretty much solid for 6 weeks, except when she feels like coming home for the weekend. She recently informed him that she would not be able to take them an additional two weeksÂso that will mean that we will have them about 100% for 8 weeks. I donÂt think it is any coincidence that she would choose to do this at the beginning of the transition between houses. In fact she actually told my BF that she would make sure this was as difficult for him (BF) as possible. No apparent concern about how difficult she could make this for her children. The woman hates her ex (my BF) more than she loves her children, in my opinion.

She has tried at every single opportunity to alienate those boys against their Dad. She has tried to control our household through her temper tantrums. She has bad mouthed their Dad, me, my family, my boys every chance she gets. She is an awful, bitter woman. And noÂI was NOT TOW!! Met him a year after they were split.

Lots more to this story, but only want to go into one issue now. The 3 youngest boys (my 11 yr old, and his 12 and 14 year olds) are sharing a room (we are in the process of buying a larger house). They mess around, bug each other, tease each otherÂlike boys do. The rule in our household is that if someone is doing something you donÂt like and they wonÂt stop, get an adult to take care of the situation. Violence is NOT tolerated from any of the boys.

So 14 year old and 11 year old were in the bedroom and my son was bugging the older one. He was throwing NERF darts (throwing, not shooting) at him, and then covered his head with a pillow. 14 year old punched my son, who is much smaller, 5 or 6 times in the arm and 2 or 3 times in the stomach. He admitted to it. Felt absolutely no remorse for it, even though he is aware of our rule. His Dad (and I) were very upset; kid was put on restriction. Younger boy (mine) was told that he had a part in it too; that if he chooses to tease someone to the point of frustration this may happen to him. But violence in our household is not the way to solve things.

Mind you the previous night, 14 year old (BF son) was flicking my son with a wet towel and covering his face with his dirty underwear. Point isÂthey all act silly at times, no one is a sweet angel here on that point.

So 14 year old talks to his BM the next morning and she tells him he did the right thing by "defending" himself. So now the kid thinks it is absolutely OK to do what he did. The BM made a big issue a month or so ago about my 18 year old yelling at her kid when he was driving everyone nuts. But its ok for her kid to hit a younger child?

IÂm not quite sure how I should feel about this. Dad disciplined, but BM totally undermined. The kid really hurt my child when he punched him, and he really, truly has no remorse at all. To me, that means that heÂll do it again. I insisted that BF take him to counseling.

Comments (14)