SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teeda_2006

Curbside find: Worth Reupholstering???

teeda_2006
15 years ago

I spotted this vintage sofa on the curb yesterday, and managed to drag it into the back of my van before I even had a chance to think about it (how I did this I still can't figure out--I was alone and this thing is HEAVY!!). I love the lines of it. As you can see a leg is broken off--I do have it though. The wood needs touch up and obviously the whole thing needs to be stripped to the bare bones and reupholstered. I've been looking for a unique sofa for my small formal l/r--which is english country in flavor. The room is across from the d/r which has vintage mahagony hepplewhite style pieces. I'm thinking of doing it in a cream/white damask. I'd like to replace the two separate cushions with one down cushion and dress it up with some nice tapestry down pillows. What do you all think? Assuming it's structurally sound is this worth it, or should I put it back out on the curb? I plan to have a local human service agency that has a upholstery/furniture making business do the work. (They do great work, I've used them before and their prices are quite reasonable). By the way, this thing's hiding out in my parent's garage until I decide--DH would kill me if I brought it home!

Teeda

Comments (22)