SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexmomof3

All vinyl Softlite or Sunrise vs vinyl clad Anderson 200

lexmomof3
11 years ago

My builder spec'd Anderson 200. Initially, I was planning to upgrade to Marvin Integrity but have since found out that a spec home builder is coming into the neighborhood and building about 15 homes (many of these on our street). We're still planning to build our custom home and don't plan to move for about 15 years but want to keep in mind that we don't want to over do it on high(er) end features when the house down the street will have builder grade materials. So, for the windows, I'm thinking better grade vinyl. I will have plantation shutters (inside) so I don't think the fact that they are vinyl will be notice inside and from what I can tell, the vinyl clad vs all vinyl windows don't look that much different from the outside. I have't price checked yet but I am thinking that a better grade vinyl will be in the ball park of the Anderson 200? Is that correct? Also, Okna isn't sold in my area and Softlite is sold by a dealer that doesn't install many of the softlite but does have one replacement display. they mostly sell Atrium. We are doing new construction. I've contacted Sunrise for a dealer location and waiting for them to get back to me. So, what are your thoughts on the Anderson 200s vs Sunrise (if I can get them in my area) and the Softlites? I can also get Siminton. Are these vinyls better than the Anderson 200s?

Comments (17)