SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jterrilynn

X/post- recessed lights x mirror x sconce & aesthetically nice.

jterrilynn
9 years ago

This is a cross post due to slow traffic in the bathroom and other forums.

Hi all I could use your advice here. I have an alcove vanity area of roughly 78" long. There will be a 30" vanity on each end with a 24 x 36" mirror above each. The center area of run will have an 18" bank of drawers and a 12" d shallow countertop vertical storage with drawer going up in center of run, there will be roughly 3" on each side of mirrors. The vanities are 21" deep before tops. So I have ordered two of these sconces, one on each alcove wall for mirror lighting and plan on one or two recessed ceiling lights above each mirror. There will also be a center recessed light coming out further from wall in ceiling.

Sconce is a double 5"W 41/2" D 15" H. When mounted on alcove side wall it would protrude 1 1/2 inches into mirror.

Rough mockup not to scale but for visual lighting purpose.

QUESTIONS:
The room the vanity is in is 78 3/4" x 6'2" with an 8' ceiling. Yes I know the lighting is not ideal but do you think it okay? Should I go with two recessed lights above each mirror? Would one be enough? Also, I know little about recessed lighting, do some give off more lighting than others?
I want light but also do not want the area jumbled looking.

Assume you already bought the wall scones for alcove wall, what would you do?

Edited to add wall height.

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Tue, Aug 26, 14 at 19:29

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH