SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
supcar

Looking for a technical opinion on wood clad windows

supcar
9 years ago

We are building a modern northwest style home in the high desert of Oregon and really struggling which way to turn on windows.

I get that millworkman likes (loves) Marvin and Kolbe and hates most everything else, despite not working in the residential area for some time. And I get that windowsonwashington is there to back up anything millworkman says. Unfortunately, our budget is not unlimited and from my non-technical inspection, I don't understand the love from a price/value perspective.

Jeld-Wen W-2500 and Siteline EX and Sierra Pacific seem to be the windows of choice in our area. Because our house is more modern in style, the W-2500 seems like a good choice due to the more narrow sash. It also has better energy ratings than the others. Sierra Pacific meets the same AAMA 2605 Clad coverage that Marvin gets so much respect for and has a similar warranty. Yet, most of the posts I see related to these companies seem to be extremely negative with no analysis as to why.

Does anyone have an unbiased opinion on the quality/value of these windows that would be helpful?

Comments (4)