SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasgal47

Anyone use Geoshield clear window film (IR-70) for UV protection?

texasgal47
11 years ago

I live in Houston in a 1500 sp.ft. patio home. My family room windows have a problem with direct sunlight in the winter months from morning until noon. The primary problem is UV protection of the furnishings. However, I want clear glass for the remainder of the time as that room needs as much light as possible. The windows are single pane and don't want window replacement for now. Today I called a company that installs Geoshield CLEAR window film (IR-70). Their quote was $10 sq.ft. for a total of about $1000 for my 2 windows and patio door. Solar shades are also an option but don't relish the idea of raising and lowering those babies on a daily basis, esp. on the patio door. Has anyone used this product or one similar to it? How does it look on the exterior, and does it look really clear from the inside? Does it darken the room much when the sun is not direct? The samples will help but would appreciate feedback. Also, I could move up from 2 ml. to 4 ml. and get some hurricane and security protection. Any thoughts regarding this aspect?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!