SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taylorsway

Steel Entry Door Window Insert

taylorsway
16 years ago

I have a steel entrance door to my home that has a window insert that is held on the door by a fiberglas (plastic?) frame that provides nine grilles (lights). The frame has become slightly detached causing the whole window to move when the door closes shut and of course allowing air to flow through it very easily. Upon inspection it seems the

plastic 'pins' that held the two sides of the plastic frame

(interior and exterior) together have come away from their mountings and without wrecking the whole frame by removing either one side or both I dont know if it is possible to remount these pins for a firm hold again. Also, if there was insulation there previously it doesnt seem to exist now. The pins are mounted inside the frame so there is no screw head access from the outside of the frame. (It is probably an older model steel door and I cannot detect a manufacturers plate on any side or end of it to enable me to refer to them for advice). Does anyone know anything about this type of door and whether it is felt it can be fixed if I put some elbow grease in to it or is it known if there are replacement inserts available. Note I'm in Canada... Thanks.

Comments (14)