SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrfourpointo

Pella Quote

mrfourpointo
15 years ago

I'm posting to see if anybody out there would be interested in taking a look at a bid I recently received from Pella. Too long to post here, it is a Word Doc that I can email. My problem is this: In looking through posts here it seems like I would be able to get wood clad windows for around the same price as these Impervia Fiberglass windows. I much prefer the look of wood windows, especially the thicker muntins outside the glass. I was sold on these Pella fiberglass windows until my father-in-law had them put in. The thinner muntins on the inside of the two panes just didn't do it for me. I love the look of the older single pane steel casements I have now, however they are about as efficient as cheesecloth.

I just wanted to make sure that the quote was reasonable, it seemed like a lot of others posted here were lower. Given I understand that there are a ton of variables going into a price. Additionally, labor in Texas is usually dramatically lower than elsewhere in the country.

The Pella quote is $13,400 for 16 windows installed. It's a weird setup of 10 double hung and 6 fixed.

Any thoughts?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm