SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cookpr_gw

Help Me Choos - Pella450/JeldWen SiteLineEX/Marin Integrity

cookpr
15 years ago

Have 6 (yes 6 window bids) - all are for the Pella 450 series, JeldWen SiteLine EX or Marvin Integrity.

Windows will be Double Hung and installed in a new construction home...all 3 brands are within $1,000 of each other - so its not really a price thing. I just want the best of the 3.

Marvin seems to have the least options - but from what I hear - its a better window for that reason (less options keep price down).

With that said...which is the best or you recco? Or should I be considering another brand/line?

Thanks in advance...

Comment (1)

• calbay03
    15 years ago

Several general suggestions.

Look into framing material and pros and cons. Is it aluminum? vinyl? fiberglass? wood? which one do you prefer? Do you want to minimize maintenance? do you want toughness? ability to paint in the future? Install and forget?

Look at insulating properties. Which one gives you the best insulation for your area and your own needs? Do you want warmth in winter and cool in summer? Do you want only cool in summer because of mild winter? Warmth in winter because of mild summer?

Look at construction approach. How does each construct the framing, the glass, what spacers are used, what sort of operating hardware, how easy is each to operate?

Visual. Look at each to determine if they fit your interior and exterior. Decide whether this is important to you.

How long do you plan to live in the home? For life? Will be selling if an opportunity presents itself? Does architecture influence which model to use? Does specific model enhance the architecture or interior feel? Some homes go well with nearly any window and if you plan to sell, just look for something solid and pain-free, no need to spend more than necessary. Some homes require certain look and feel and if you plan to sell, it pays to find the right match.

Unless the models are really some poorly constructed models, and I doubt that, it is often your own assessment that counts the most. For every gripe about a model, there can be 10 endorsements. Given that price is not paramount in your decision making process, look at all the other factors above (and more of your own choosing) and use them to decide which best fits your needs.

Good luck!