SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mythlady_gw

Cornice?

mythlady
16 years ago

In our new home, we will have windows with what I guess is a transom window above them -- you can see what they look like in this picture of a model: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mythlady/1041073163/. The transom part doesn't open.

Since wallpapering as I would like to do it is impractical for various reasons, I have an idea of using cornices over the windows that I would then cover with reproduction arts & crafts paper or fabric, to bring that element into the room without breaking our budget (some of the reproduction papers are $200/bolt).

But . . . where would I put the cornice? I'm thinking of something about 12" -- would I put it over the lower window, leaving the top one uncovered? Or over the top windows, which would then be partially covered? I will probably hang some kind of drapes under the cornice, although since the windows will have blinds, the drapes will be just for show.

Any help with this idea will be gratefully appreciated. I don't want to spend a ton of money for fabric or wallpaper and then find out the whole thing looks goofy --

Comment