SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

'Decorating ' a Garden (lots of pics)

14 years ago

This summer I've been re"decorating" my gardens and portals (covered porches). In my private little walled-in garden, I've made new pillow covers, added some new garden art and a LOT of new plants. Unfortunately, they refuse to all bloom at the same time so that I can take a good picture! DH & I've been laying flagstone pavers and planting various thyme in between the flagstone. This is still a work in progress, but I thought you might like a peek at my special garden. This is the one that opens off our MBR. I have my tea out here every morning.

Lynn

This is the view from our MBR door of the seating area. Windows on both sides of the house there look in on our bathroom. I have a great view from my tub!

{{gwi:1786960}}

Our garden fountain under our Honey Locust tree. I've strung tiny white lights in the trees out here, as we love to sit here in the evenings. Under the tree I've planted Cherry Skullcap. Along the back walls behind the fountian I'll be planting some tallish yellow Columbines and other shade loving flowers. All raised bed planters are made of adobe bricks.

{{gwi:1786961}}

View from the fountain towards the gate to the backyard. Tree in raised bed to right is a Fraser's Photinia. Garden statue is St. Francis. Flagstone is Arizona Chocolate.

{{gwi:1786962}}

This view was taken from the fountain, looking down our little garden alley which runs right next to the seating area. The flagstone haven't been dug in here yet. That's tomorrow's job! Tree is a Japanese Maple.

{{gwi:1786963}}

My potting bench. Narrow frosted glass block window to right of door there brings light into our shower:

{{gwi:1786964}}

Trellis holds Morning Glory vines and is flanked by white and a pink tea rose bushes.

{{gwi:1786965}}

Close-up of Cherry Skullcap:

{{gwi:1786966}}

View from MBR window out into omy garden. I've hung a hummingbird feeder and a hanging basket of deep purple Petunias. I think the hummers love my petunias as much as I enjoy their sweet scent!

{{gwi:1786967}}

Can you tell that I'm feeling lazy today and am just enjoying this lovely Summer's morning?

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Kohlmark Flach Architects
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Kohlmark Flach Architects: Enriching Lives Through Purposeful Design