SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

OT help

silversword
11 years ago

I posted the following at the single life forum but no response. I'm hoping you'll help me over here!!

I have some questions, friends. If you've been dating someone (3-4 months) and discovered a personality trait (not cheating/lying/stealing/abusing/etc..) about them that made you have pause about the relationship continuing and had to think about that... how long do you think is an acceptable time to ask them to wait while you think it over?

A day? A week? Longer?

Second question. If you've been dating someone exclusively, and you've been taking time to think things over, and your boy/girl friend calls you because they are in the vet's office and their pet is dying (a pet you have cared for yourself)... do you think it's appropriate to offer to help them? What would you do?

Third question: If you wanted to be friends with this person, but did not want to be lovers anymore, do you think it's reasonable for them to be upset that you did not offer help with their pet, or call to check up on them later (although there was a text). Also, do you think they would be off base to think it's ridiculous that you then texted two days later to say you needed more time to think?

And last, if after a week of thinking, you go by their house to break up with them, do you think you should have their house key, etc. with you? Do you think it's reasonable to say you'll bring it by a few days later, and then contact the person on that day to say you can't make it and offer to leave their things outside their house? Do you think your ex has a right to feel anxious about getting their key back? And, when you bring their things back, do you think it's reasonable that you forgot half of the things and didn't turn right around to go get them?

And, one more... do you think that texting the next day to ask if you can drop them by the door is reasonable?

Do you think that this behavior is friendly and they should want to be friends with you even if you aren't lovers or do you think they are right, and you are acting unfriendly and like a creep?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz