SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Help Me Put This into Words for DH

lovehadley
13 years ago

He doesn't GET IT.

I am not sure he ever will.

Someone suggested that I stop trying to convince him one way and try another tactic.

Here is the issue.

This coming Tuesday is Parents' Night at SS's school. It begins at 6 pm. It is also BM's regular custodial night. She asked DH if we could switch nights. Reason? She does not want to have to pick SS up from school at 3:30, drive home (about 30-35 minutes)and then SHE will have to turn around and come back to school. (KIDS do not come to Parent Night. So SS would stay home with his stepfather.)

Anyway, DH asked me and he didn't see the problem. He asked me why I would care if we switched nights.

WHY?

Because once again, it would be ME doing BM a favor. DH would go straight from work to Parent Night, and would not be home until about 7:15 pm---Parent Night is normally about a little over an hour.

So I would pick SS up, go home, watch him all night, etc.

All so BM can avoid driving back and forth.

Is it just me or is this HER problem??? It is her custodial night and SHE needs to figure it out. If it were our custodial night, I would GLADLY pick SS up from school, as I always do--but I am NOT NOT NOT doing favors for this woman.

HOW can I make DH understand this?

He honestly doesn't get it. "What is the big deal if we switch nights?" he asked me today.

I want to scream.

Can I phrase it another way? In man language????

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert