SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skarpachi_gw

New Windows - Hurd and Marvin Quotes

skarpachi
10 years ago

Hello everyone. I need some help. I am in the process of receiving quotes to replace 21 year old Hurd windows and 2 sliding patio doors that are original to the house. Some windows have broken seals, dry rot and cracked glass. There are 23 total units that will be getting replaced plus the patio doors. I have received 3 separate quotes: 1) Pella Proline for 38k 2) Hurd aluminum clad for 35k and 3) Marvin Ultimate for 70k. The company that quoted Marvin also carries Pella, but they are highly advising me to look at other products. I know Marvin is the Cadillac of windows, but I do not have that type of budget....even if I just do a few windows at a time. He is also sending a quote for Marvin Infinity which will be less than Ultimate, but I suspect will still be out of my budget. I like Hurd over Pella because they are extruded aluminum vs. rolled. Please note the Pella and Hurd quotes do not include painting the windows...they will only come primed. The Marvin quote does include custom color match painting. I am leaning toward Hurd at this time. I know Hurd as a company has gone through some challenges, but it appears they have stabilized. Their clad windows look nice. Will I regret my decision? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (14)