SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikkella

PSYCHO ex please advise

Mikkella
21 years ago

I have been friends with my husband since we were 9 and 10 yrs old. I've seen it all with him. Including his ex "Dawn" He left her 10 YEARS ago, after a 2 yr relationship he never wanted to begin with. They were 18, and 19. She had pursued him for 6 years prior to a drunken one night stand he doesn't even remember, resulting in her becoming pregnant. (New years eve party)

My husband quit school, gave up college, and a career in the military to take a second job, get an apartment,and support her. After two years of constant fighting he left. He stayed long enough for his daughter to know who daddy was, and has remained a constant in her life since.

Has anyone ever seen the movie Fatal attraction? "Dawn" has done everything BUT boil a bunny on my stove! She has chased away my husbands prior relationship prospects, by claiming they have sex whenever he picks up his daughter. Which was never true, however always worked in the past. Didn't work with me. She will call him at work, at home, at friends houses just to say hi,on a weekly basis. Mind you he doesn't encourage this behavior,and never has. He asks if this is pertaining to their child, she'll say no, he hangs up. On a good day she'll only call back 10 times. She lies so much she actually believes her own lies.

She actually married a man thinking MY husband would get jealous and go stop the wedding, and TOLD him this!!

She tells their 12 yr old daughter that I am the reason they can't be together, that I am the enemy. Whenever the daughter does something she doesn't approve of, she says to stop acting like ME,or threatens to send her to come live with us.

We had her for two months this summer because "Dawn" couldn't tolerate her attitude anymore, and told her that this was her punishment. She also told her that it was up to US when she could go home, which wasn't the case. "Dawn" believed her own lie and called my husband asking when she could have her back!!! Now she says that if she does badly in school first quarter, she's sending her back to US perminately. (Which to be honest I hope happens)

She punished her daughter when she found out she was calling ME mom, but she encourages her to call EVERY man she dates "Dad." (she's since divorced her husband) Now that's she's older she refuses, but when she was little, the word Daddy meant nothing. She made sure of that.

"Dawn" had her convinced that my husband didn't want anything to do with her after our first year together. All of her other tactics to split us up hadn't worked, so she convinced their daughter that Dad had other kids now to replace her. That he didn't need her. (I have two from a previous relationship) She told her in order to get her dad back so to speak, she had to stop coming to see us unless it was JUST him and her. So she told my husband this ultimatum, she wasn't coming every weekend anylonger unless it could just be him and her. Mind you this is after a year of her calling ME mom, and things were great. Or so I thought. He told her it was either all of us, or none of us. She chose NONE for a year. Then I find out she's been telling her mom how much she hates me, and wants her dad and she to get back together. That my kids take away from her time, and her gifts, her money etc. It is just incredible the mental and emotional abuse "Dawn" is willing to inflict on her to get to us!!!

I have to say that the two months she spent with us were great! We really connected as friends. I've told her I'm always here for her,no matter what she does, or how many times she pushes me away. She came to see alot of her mothers lies,ON HER OWN, always asking me why she's like that? I try to explain it without saying anything bad about her, as I refuse to stoop to her level. The child was in tears more often then not, telling me of how her mom leaves her alone at night to take care of her 7 yr old brother, while she goes out. She knew what pot was, as she's seen her mom smoke it. Asked me why? She asked me about sex, and told me what she had done (groping) SO I gave her the safe sex birth control speach. Overall we have a good relationship, and all the kids get along. But the minute she goes back to her mother she changes. It's like she has to act as though she hates me so her mom won't hate her. It's sick, and my husband has tried talking to "Dawn" about everything I've mentioned. We've tried it separately, and together, but nothing we say or do gets through to her. She has it in her head that I will go away someday, and she will get him back.

She hits on him in my own house!! She is always offering herself to him, telling their daughter she'll get him back one of these days, and then their life will be perfect again. This is an every weekend thing, where my husband laughs at her and rejects her quite cruelly. She'll do this in front of me, she doesn't care. I have told her she can stand before him naked offering herself to him and all she'd get would be laughter and rejection.

I am currently 8 1/2 months pregnant which is killing "Dawn" as she was the ONLY one to have his child. However SHE has seen this as an oppertuinity to get him in bed. I'm huge, she's lost 100lbs, and actually stood before him naked last night when we dropped off his daughters school clothes!!! Testing my theory apparently. I was in the car, and he came out laughing, telling me what she had done. Part of me wanted to go in and rip her head off, the other laughed, and actually pitied her.

I'm at my wits end with this woman. I've been more then patient, bit my tongue, tried discussing these issues, which she only lies, and denies.....What the hell am I suppose to do??? "Our" daughter is the one who is paying for this. Poor kid don't know which way is up half the time. She's a psycho!!

I expected jealously from his daughter in the beginning, I expected "Dawn" to try to start trouble, but this is sick.

Someone please help!!!!!!!!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022