SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeimprovementdiva_gw

Any good windows-very frustrated

I'm trying to deceide on windows for new construction home and have become very frustrated and confused. Every window manufactrer I look up on here has bad reviews so how do you know what to get.

I originally looked at Anderson 400 and Marvin Integrity. Small price difference and hear both are good. We had Marvin Integrity in last house and no problems in 5 years except transom above front door and that may have been due to installer.

I would like to do off white or cream window to go with trim and not many offer it. DH likes the dark brown but I don't care for it much and heard dark colors fade and can have problems due to attracting heating. I started looking at Jeld Wen and Eagle b/c they have a color that would work but not sure of quality b/c I don't hear much about them.

We live in CT and we want the interior on 1st floor to be wood so it can be stained and the 2nd floor doesn't matter b/c it will be painted trim. I'm totally lost on what's better on exterior: wood, vinyl, aluminum or fiberglass.

Any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated. I like that you can get Eagle prefinished stained interior but not sure how much extra that adds and if it's more cost effective than hiring someone to stain them once they are in.

Also would I save anything if I bought Jeld Wen windows and doors (interior, exterior and garage) from same dealer?

I've heard you can save when you do that with appliances and bath fixtures.

Comments (7)