SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zone_envy

Thanks to Crafty_lady and her DD.......

16 years ago

I had the most amazing day yesterday! I decided to follow their lead and post on Freecycle for mosaic stuff. I've given away lots of stuff on Freecycle, but I've never posted a "wanted" before. I got three responses right away and I was so excited!

The first lady gave me about 60 or so of those mirror tiles from the 70's. The second lady dropped off some old dishes she had - some solid black and some solid green.

The third lady BLEW MY FREAKIN' MIND!!! She sent me a simple little email that said "I have some colourful tiles you could use for your project" with her name and number. What an understatement! I wish you guys could of all been there with me when I went to pick these up! Take a look at these beauties....

{{!gwi}}

100 tiles nicely boxed up and ready to go!

Here's a closer look...

{{!gwi}}

I'm going to leave the two "tile talks" tiles as is and frame them. I'll hang them on the wall when I get my own workspace. Love it!

{{!gwi}}

It turns out that she designs her own tiles and these were the "rejects". Her words, not mine - I think they're stunningly beautiful! She had a studio set up full of the most fabulous tiles you've ever seen. DH and I spent over an hour looking around in awe and getting to know more about her and her work. She's really great and I'm so happy to have met her.

I'll post the link to her website if anyone wants to look through it. I don't know what her prices are like, but she does ship stuff all over the world.

Then to top it all off, on the way home from picking these up DH spotted a big table of stuff on the side of the road with a "free" sign on it. I ended up getting a little stack of decorative tiles and some quilting and craft magazines for inspiration. I couldn't have asked for a better day, now I just have to figure out what to do with it all!

Cindy

Here is a link that might be useful: Back Alley Designs

Comments (35)