SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bud_wi

What kind of blinds with sliding windows?

bud_wi
17 years ago

Help. I think I have made a terrible mistake with my new windows. I replaced a big picture window with a same size "slider" type window that slides in a track, left or right, to open.

Before,with the picture window that did not open, I had mini blinds mounted 'inside' like all my other windows. I now realize that with this new one that now slides open I can't do that. There is nothing stationary to attach blinds to!

I could do an 'outside' mount with a new mini blind but that might look stupid if all my other windows have them mounted 'inside'.

Also I want TOTAL privacy and I think outside mount blinds may leave a gap. Is this so??

I can't do ALL my windows 'outside' mount because my slider window is flanked by two double hung windows in an alcove breakfast nook. The mounts, if they were all 'outside' would hit each other or maybe be too close altogether and impossible to even attempt such a set up.

I've searched this forum for an answer an did not see this problem ever come up. I am sure I am not the only one who has done this type of installation and had this new problem come up.

Also, curtains are NOT the answer. This is for a modern kitchen and would not give that clean modern look I wish to maintain. And cutians in a kitchen just collect too much dirt and odors.

TIA for any ideas.

Comments (11)