SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vistajpdf

Support for board members

vistajpdf
16 years ago

A very wise lady, in every sense of the word, recently asked for some support during some difficult times. The thread went off on a tangent, but I think her wishes should be respected here. After all, we all came here for a reason - to vent (and it should be a safe place to do so), for advice, as therapy as writing does help get it all out, etc.

Rather than jump to clobber one another, form alliances: stepparents vs. bioparents vs. skids, we should appreciate the different perspectives and give a little room every now and then.

I'm a stepmom to grown children. Our history wasn't pretty but I see the light at the end of the tunnel shining through these days. I'm also a mom, in a sometimes shaky marriage, who can envision a biomom's perspective should my children ever be someone's stepsons. I try to see ALL points of view before lashing out. Maybe I don't do it all that well, but I do try.

I like this board because it's active. I joined another for stepparents, but it's very slow. Still another board where I'm still awaiting the first reply from my April ordeal!

Anyway, I just wish the attacking would cease. That's all I wanted to say. I'm not the other woman your husband left you for...I'm not the wicked stepmother from Cinderella...I'm not a stepchild trying to break up a marriage...I'm not a biomom too busy to raise her own kids but quick to criticize every thing the devoted stepmother is doing...I'm just a woman, trying her best to keep her family together, protecting the little ones, being a friend to the big ones, a shoulder to cry on, a matriarch (sounds like an old heavy set lady!) on whom all kids can depend on to make the holidays nice and their friends feel welcomed....just a woman trying to balance it all - work, marriage, children etc.

D

Comments (17)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals