SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Living Room: Need help! Before/After pictures inc.

anele_gw
14 years ago

I am trying to create a cozy and relaxed environment on a VERY limited budget.

Here is how it looked before we lived here (POs):

This is my first attempt (well, not really-- just trying to piece things together quickly):

This is now:

Here are things that bother me:

(1) The mantle. I am still looking for ways to decorate it . . .other than the lights and shelf, everything else is just put there because I have nothing else.

(2) The little lights on the bookcase. They are super functional (and I love them for that) but I don't think they fit the style of the room.

(3) The lamp by the loveseat. I like it because it was my grandmother's (I have nothing else from her) but I don't know if it is just too thin. The lampshade absolutely needs to be replaced. Ideas on color and style?

(4) Pillows on the sofa. I'm thinking of adding a few in black/cream toile.

(5) The decor on the bookshelves. I HAVE to have the tons of books there (my children actually don't watch TV anymore . . so they use the books frequently). Ditto for my DH's huge TV.

(6) Someday, hopefully within the next 2 months, I will be sewing curtain panels for the picture window only. They will be a green print in a 30s or 40s style. (I have the fabric.)

(7) Side table. I found this on the curb and was going to paint it black with maybe gold on the edges. Now I don't know. I like the height and functionality, but I'm not in love with the style.

Anything else you can see? I would love to slipcover the furniture in a raspberry matelasse fabric, but alas, I don't think this will happen. Again-- super limited budget!

If you need better/closer pictures of anything let me know!

I am so thankful for everyone's help!

Comments (9)