SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtymartini_gw

suggest end of hallway closet doors, something unique?

dirtymartini
14 years ago

We have a linen closet at the end of our hallway. We plan on using the hallway to display family pictures and small artwork, and we want to use tract lighting to highlight the walls/pictures.

Our house is small, and the hallway is visible from the living/dining area. When people look down the hall (or walk down it to use the bathroom) I don't want them to see a pretty hallway with cool flagstone flooring...and have it end with a typical bifold closet door. To me that is like a *THUD*..LOL.

We cannot get rid of the closet (as much as I would LOVE to have a piece of artwork at the end of the hall) because we need all the closet space we can get! I was thinking of doing mirrored doors, but I started a thread recently on this forum about mirrored closet doors, wondering if they were "woefully passe" and most people agreed they are indeed passe( although everyone agreed I should do what I like, which I appreciate). I still think a mirrored door might be my best option, might be a neat illusion at the end of the hall...but if anyone has a different suggestion, I would love to hear it! I just haven't seen too many options for closet doors.

Comments (34)