SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justnotmartha

So what DO you look like??

justnotmartha
15 years ago

The other post got me chuckling, as I find with several posters I have a mental picture that pops up whenever I read their posts. It was truly cool to see a picture of Ceph as she honestly looked much like I pictured her to.

So, if you are game - and please be nice as this is meant to be fun - pick a poster and tell us what they 'look' like. No fair picking one you have seen pictures of.

I'll start. KKNY has short, dark hair and is about 5'6''. Sweeby has medium brown hair with blond natural highlights and keeps it around her shoulders.

Am I close?? Who's up next?

Comments (62)

• theotherside
    15 years ago

At least I can be confident that ima wouldn't recognize me if she bumped into me.

• colleen777
    15 years ago

LMFAO TOS. I picture you as 5'8", medium length dark hair with a few grays on the sides, that you keep pinned back with a barrette.

Ima thank you for thinking of me. I have very long dark brown wavy hair and blue eyes.

I have known for a long time that ima is good looking when way back when someone said she was so fat:P and at that time she already had a pic up.

• imamommy
    15 years ago

TOS, can't help thinking of you as wearing your ex husbands old socks and eating lots of steak & potatoes with butter and drinking it down with fresh milk. It's the picture you painted for me.

• justnotmartha
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ima - loose 3 inches and you got me! The hair is naturally curly, but I straighten it often.

Colleen, I never saw your hair that long, but it was dark. An awesome combo with the blue eyes! I see you now as about 5'7, mascara and lip gloss, comfy sweater and jeans.

Ima, great job on KKNY. I think you are spot on. Additional congrats on the 25 pounds, though I hope they were needed as they weren't in my picture.

I see TOS as darker blond with gray, about 5'8, khaki pants, men's button up shirt, clogs. Little make up, lighter complexion, just a few laugh lines. Glasses.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

Ima - I don't think that MySpace link worked right for me unless you're a 22 y.o. blond?

OK TOS -- I know six kids takes its toll, so I'll go for the 'some gray' -- some curls, I think, but shortish hair. A style that's easy to maintain. Not a lot of make-up. And I also see the man's shirt (I like those too). But I'm also getting a bit of a 'Preppy' vibe, so maybe Docksiders or penny loafers? Average height. Organized and no-nonsense.

• imamommy
    15 years ago

lol, sorry.

I forgot that I couldn't use that one... her URL is myspace.com/imamommy

mine is myspace.com/stepmomsonly

Here is a link that might be useful: myspace link... disregard the last one

• theotherside
    15 years ago

Nope, I don't think any of you would recognize me. Just fyi, I don't like short hair, and men's shirts would require way too much ironing...

• ceph
    15 years ago

OMG am I ever laughing at this thread. Seriously, I have tears rolling down my face and I woke up my cat.

I'll share the real Ceph for those who haven't seen me - here I am at Parliament (sort of like the White House, only for Canada)

My hair was curly that day because it was HUMID! I usually wear it straight.

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

It is nice to see a few faces to the names! What do you all picture me to look like?

And how do I put a picture of me on here???

• ceph
    15 years ago

Hmm, Mom2 has smooth chin-length hair, sort of dark blond or light brown, and has a really easy smile. You know the sort of smile that when she was a teenager, the boys who liked her were the sort who played baseball in the park and always called people's moms "Mrs"?

• ceph
    15 years ago

To put a photo, you need it on something like photobucket that will allow other sites to access the image, then just right click onto it to copy the image location, and use html to show it here. Like this, but with

• quirk
    15 years ago

TOS is an earth-mother type; not quite so stuck-in-the-60s hippie but a bit like Dharma's mom if anyone watched Dharma and Greg. Average build, long, curly blond hair, probably with some gray that she doesn't color.

kathline; Michelle Obama type... ok she's Canadian so statistically probably not black, but regardless, tall, thin, very elegant, long brunette hair worn smooth with just a bit of a wave to it.

KK is professional and stylish, also brunette but either short hair or normally wears it up. Always looks polished, somehow even while scrubbing the bathtub.

sweeby for some reason reminds me a bit of my grandmother, so I picture her like my grandma circa 30 years younger... just a bit overweight, mid-length medium brown hair, always wears makeup and looks "put together" in public but just puts on any old and preferably comfortable thing at home

mom2; short curly dark blond hair, jeans and tshirt, very casual

sylvia; remember shirley maclain in steel magnolias, in overalls and a big hat explaining why she grows tomatoes even though she doesn't like them, because that's just what old southern women do; they wear funny hats and grow tomatoes?

• doodleboo
    15 years ago

I can't get into my Photobucket account right now. I forgot my password. But when I do I'll post a pic of Jonathan and I on here. Some folks already prolly know what I look like from the other blog.

Ceph looked almost precisely the way I though she would. I have seen her pics before but it is still funny how some folks SOUND the way that they LOOK :)

You are a cutie Ceph! You'll make a beautiful bride.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

OK - So this is me...
    on a good day ;-)

• doodleboo
    15 years ago

Sweeby you look good:) It's so much fun to see what everyone looks like! UGH, I wish I could get into my photobucket...hahaha. Gorgeous cabinets by the way.

• kkny
    15 years ago

My DD would tell you looks are the last thing on my mind. I wear clothes many years old -- to me classics but OK. I care about contributing to my community -- not because I care what people think about me, but becasue I think it is the right thing to do.

• sweeby
    15 years ago

How about a picture KK? TOS? NotMartha?

• ashley1979
    15 years ago

This is too much fun!

So everyone who mentioned me, you have me pegged! My natural hair is a dark blonde, but I've been really blonde for almost as long as I can remember. I have recently decided to go back natural and realized my hair is darker now. And TOTALLY a tank tops and flip flops kind of girl!

I'll go with someone that hasn't been mentioned yet:

Norcalgirl - I would be willing to bet she's about 5'6" with longish (past shoulders) highlighted hair (blonde?).

Sweeby - You are just how I pictured you! I have always thought of you as close to my aunt and you are. Well dressed with a tidy home and grayish hair. BTW, that is such a compliment since I love my aunt dearly and love her advice.

Ceph - Before I found your pics, I always imagined you in a labcoat with dark glasses. But you are so beautiful and your sweet and nurtering countenance goes with your sweet and nurtering personality that comes through in your advice.

Ima - I've seen your pics, but you still remind me of the older sister I never had. You are beautiful, buut you don't look like a pushover. You look like a smart person who is willing to give well-balanced advice.

Pseudo, JNM, Sieryn and Doodle - I see you all as I would my sister. Not necessarily physically, but your personalities are very similar to hers. I love the no nonsense advice you give and the plain way you say things.

Nicksmom - I think you are about 5'3" with short highlighted hair with a suburban mom look. Drives a minivan or SUV.

• doodleboo
    15 years ago

Thanks Ashley:)

For anyone on StepMomsOnly I DO have a picture of me up on my profile. I still can't get into my photobucket account:(

• doodleboo
    15 years ago

I hope this works:) The first one is J and myself. The second one is me with blonde hair.

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

quirk, you're a little spooky.

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

...Shirley MacLaine is a *lot* older than I am!

Bwaaa Haaaaa Haaaa!

• quirk
    15 years ago

...Shirley MacLaine is a *lot* older than I am! well, sure. Steel Magnolias is, what, 20 years old?

;-)

• pseudo_mom
    15 years ago

TOS I picture like "edith bunker" (reminds me of my mom)

Sylvia gotta be a redhead.

Doodle ... I pictured a petite blond with a firecracker personality ... don't get her started and she won't explode.

IfIknew... shoulder length dark hair reminds me of my sister

Sweeby ...looks just like I pictured her. Handing out wisdom :).

IMA well I know what she looks like. I imagined her much taller until she said she was petite.

Ashley .. only a year older than my kid .. so yeah flips flops and tanks .. with "ash blonde" hair.

Ceph .. sorry thought "nerd" shocked no glasses square frames for the hip factor... but I figured short hair easy going just like your personality.

KKNY definately a "mary tyler moore" type

Mom2 ... very sporty long hair braided most of the time to keep it out of the way while running around with the kids.

Colleen ... names says irish so I pictured red head with green eyes...

I hear sylvia's voice sometimes ... but she has a brooklyn accent.

Myself :)

I am only 4'11, My hair today is very long but donating it this week going to shoulder length it is light brown. At last count I had 6 gray hairs. One for each kid.

Between Ceph and IMA ... they have me pegged

Pear shaped (thanks ceph) with glasses

• finedreams
    15 years ago

I was out of town and was not checking in here. so i missed bunch of stuff. wow, fun thread. I will try to post. nobody guessed how I look.:( if somebody will guess, i will post a pick :0)

By the way sweeby looks exactly how i thought. ima has darker hair than i thought, but overall not much different than what i thought. doodle boo is younger than i thought. and when i saw ceph i thought of myself at that age, sigh...so thin...:)

in any case everyone looks like they should be in a modeling contest or something, good looking ladies. :)

• norcalgirl78
    15 years ago

How fun! I would love to post a picture here, but worried about possible legal issues in the future...but suffice it to say I'm almost 30 years old and 5'9". I have very long hair (it IS highlighted multiple different shades of blond!) that is naturally medium brown, and dark brown eyes. I have a large build and love cardio and weight training. I can weigh up to 200lbs without going over a size 11/12. I look younger than I am, and I have a round innocent face that *almost* keeps me out of trouble!

• doodleboo
    15 years ago

Finedreams,

EVERYBODY says I look really young:) I guess that's a reallg good thing.

Psuedo,

I WAS a blonde and I am short 5'1" and I am very much so a fire cracker. I won't explode untill my fuse get's lit...hahaha. Do you remember the Animaniacs? Does anyboy remember the short Katy goes Kaboom on that show? My brother used to call me Little Lady Katy...lol!

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

[IMG]http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn405/mom2emall/thestepfamily.jpg[/IMG]

Lets see if this works. It is a pic of me and my stepdaughters...lol!

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

Let's try it again

• colleen777
    15 years ago

LMFAO mom. So where is poor Cinderella?

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

But seriously I think Ceph and Psuedo had pretty correct descriptions of me! Here is a pic of me on a hike we took this summer with the kids. Just thought the first picture was funny since we have been described as "wicked stepmoms" before!

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

Well Colleen, Cinderella was busy cleaning of course!!

• finedreams
    15 years ago

mom2emall you look so young, I always thought that you are older.

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

I am 29, but many people say I do not look that old.

• ashley1979
    15 years ago

FD - I have alays pictured you about 5'5" with shoulder-length strawberry-blonde hair that is slightly gray. Very few wrinkles and fairly slim although may have just a few extra pounds. Casual dresser. Maybe glasses. The erason I say all this is because your personality reminds me of my father's sister.

• imamommy
    15 years ago

I imagine FD with (short) darker hair but also slim to a few extra pounds with glasses that hang around her neck on a chain, worn only when reading.

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

I would love to see what everyone else on here looks like!!! Post some pics!

• finedreams
    15 years ago

i posted two of mine on a separate thread

• serenity_now_2007
    15 years ago

Wow, Mom2emall, you're a fox!

Okay, now I'm curious... what does everyone think I look like? I think I actually described myself once on here, but if you haven't seen that post or don't remember: no cheating!

• serenity_now_2007
    15 years ago

Actually, now that I'm able to see all the pictures, everyone is very attractive...

• imamommy
    15 years ago

Serenity, I think you are around 5'10" or 5'11" with long wavy hair that is auburn or light brown.

• mom2emall
    15 years ago

Serenity,

I picture you as medium height, pretty slender, brownish hair, and someone who is comfy in gym shoes with shorts and a cute t-shirt.

Oh, and thanks for your compliment....I am blushing :P

• ashley1979
    15 years ago

I finally got home early enough to get on my home computer before anyone else did. LOL! Here's a pic of me & FDH. This was just after I had gotten a brunette glaze put on my hair. It's a bit lighter now.

And here's one of me and my sister on the beach in San Diego and I have blonde hair:

• catlettuce
    15 years ago

Ok ,me-me!
    What do you think I look like ?

• justnotmartha
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Honestly? I get a mental picture of my orange tabby from childhood with a head of lettuce as it's head every time I see your 'name". It always makes me grin! For that reason I give you red hair and green eyes. :-)

• nicksmom
    15 years ago

OK...I'll play along.
    Anybody have any mental images of me? (I'm almost afraid to ask!!!)

• catlettuce
    15 years ago

Lol! I got the username from my old cat Tiger who was a Ginger Cat & the lettuce part, well from the catlettuce he used to throw up once in while & leave me on the floor-I know gross! My son used to always say "Mom!! Tiger left "catlettuce" on the floor!!"

I'd post a pic (of me not the cat-lettuce) but not sure how?

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

nicksmom....

5'5", shoulder-length hair, color dark with ash blonde highlights, hazel eyes, curvy build.

ashley, I love that brunette glaze;
    it brings out your coloring, shows off your eyes.

• nicksmom
    15 years ago

Well, sylvia...I do have hazel eyes and a curvy build. But I'm 5'10, blondish hair that is generally short, although currently in need of a cut (but it's still well-above my shoulders).

For the record, my DH is 6'7" and my SD is already towering over me at 6'1"...yikes. I can only imagine how tall youngest DD will top out....

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

wellll....
    Considering my absolute lack of ESP, & considering I got 50%, I think I done pretty good!

6'1" & the "little one" is still growing, yikes!

You better be nice to those girls!