SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llcp93

Making a pool mosaic

llcp93
15 years ago

Hello All,

First time here. I have a question I could not find in the archives.

We are builing a pool. On one seat in the grotto, I wanted to put a mosaic but I have not found what I like in the pool mosaics that can be purchased.

So, being a DIYer of sorts, I was wondering if I could make my own. My pattern is a very simple one of a frog outline like you were looking down on it. The body is broken up by a little band and some small diamonds. I have a lot of tatavera pottery so was going to use coordinating colors.

Is there a different process for tile that would be underwater? Or certain types of tile? It would go on the edge of a seat if I go this diretion.

The other pattern I have is the Texas Longhorn logo and was thinking about doing it orange tiles that varied in tone/color. It would be larger, like 11 inches end to end and go in the middle of the seat.

Is this too complicated a process for underwater? I am familiar with countertop/floor etc tile installation, if that helps. I am currently building our own outdoor island for our grill/entertaining. Tile, cultured rock & stucco.

Any advise appreciated

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus