SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
acey_gw

Mondavi Woodbridge Gas Card offer!

acey
15 years ago

The guy at the liquor store gave me a mail-in offer from Woodbridge....buy 12 of the 750 ml bottles or 6 of the 1.5L, and send in the coupon for a $30.00 gas card! It expires end of August.

The coupon does not indicate if the offer is available in all states, though.

Comments (5)

• wild_rose_of_texas
    15 years ago

Very cool! I will look and see if it is available here. Thanks for the tip.

They make a pretty nice Cab.

Allison

• acey
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm glad you will look or ask for it....I sent in my mail in offer just the other day!

Yes, there Cab is good...I mostly get the chard...on account of red wines give DH a headache!

• wild_rose_of_texas
    15 years ago

Are red wines noted to cause headaches? I usually drink lighter whites, but with a steak you can't beat a wonderful cab! Since I get a lot of tension headaches from work, I dont think I want to drink a wine that will make it worse!

Allison

• rosesinny
    15 years ago

Nope.

Alcohol causes headaches.

Some people claim that sulfites in wine cause headaches, but there is no scientific evidence to support that - most of the studies I've read discount it and the idea that red wines cause headaches has become kind of an urban legend.

There may also be some histamines that people are allergic to, but you find those in any number of things.

However, alcohol can cause headaches and it's a fairly safe bet that most people complaining about reactions to wine are actually reacting to the alcohol. Whites can have lower alcohol levels than reds. Example - a big ripe red may come in at 14.5 or 15%. Compare that to a muscadet from the Loire or a dry riesling that might be 8%. You're getting almost twice the alcohol in the red. So my advice is to watch your intake, drink only a glass or two, and see how you feel. If anyone has some evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

I've never suffered from headaches - don't remember ever having one in fact. I drink wine every day.

• wild_rose_of_texas
    15 years ago

Thanks Roses.

I have recently been diagnosed with a weird, familial type of migraine headache, at 47 years of age! My mother, three aunts and numerous female cousins have always had this problem and I had thought I had dodged that particular bullet, but it has reared its ugly head, and now I am also dealing with it. One thing the doctor wants me to do is try to journal what I am doing when the weakness and neurological aura symptoms begin, in order to try to identify my personal triggers for the headaches. So far, with the little that I drink (a glass or two a week at most, sometimes a few months at a time drinking nothing) I don't notice any relationship with wine and migraines. Mostly it is when I have had salty foods, or am retaining fluids ...

Thanks for your input. Sorry to get off track. This forum is sadly not very active. I would love to see more yakking about wines on here, so I can learn from some of you that are more knowledgable than me!

Allison

Sponsored