SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Pics of reno'd beach cottage-- paint colors! LONG, lots of pics!

Sueb20
13 years ago

A few people have mentioned wanting to see pictures of progress on our major cottage renovation. This was intended to be a simple expansion of the second floor, which was a poorly-constructed addition from about 30 years ago, but turned into practically rebuilding the entire house! The project began right after Christmas and will be done within the next few weeks. We're "moving in" next weekend even though they'll still be working. So our vacation will entail moving all the furniture back in, unpacking a lot of boxes, and drinking a lot of margaritas. ;)

Most of these pics are weird because I wasn't trying to take shots of the whole room, I was mainly trying to grab some details that DH hadn't seen (he wasn't with me).

I was there yesterday and the bedrooms are mostly painted so I thought I'd show off my paint colors. I'm very happy with all of them. This is my chance to use colors I'd never use in my "real" house (and p.s., this house is now way nicer than my real house!).

This is DS #1's room, which will also be a guest room (he can sleep in extra bed in DS #2's room when we have guests -- plus, he's going to college in the fall so he won't be there much). This is actually the biggest bedroom -- it's over the garage so it's basically the size of a one-car garage. The color is Everlasting. (All BM paints.) Bedding for his room will be navy blue and white.

This is DS #2's room. The color is Colony Green, not a color I'd ever considered before but I just love it. It's sort of like a very pale turquoise. I matched it to a color in his bedding (which has a tiny bit of this color but the main color is orange... which might sound strange but it looks cool).

This is DD's room. It's a small room but way bigger than the room she had before! This is Pale Vista, which is very bright but she chose it. Her bedding has this green and a couple shades of blue, polka dots on white background.

This is the kids'/guest bathroom. I really went wild with the color in here. This is Arctic Blue. Ceiling is the same color and it is very angular, with a skylight at the top, so the color does some very funky things. I love the blue w/ the b&w tile.

This is the master bedroom. Kind of hard to get a good picture here since they were still working. Walls are Edgecomb Gray, ceiling is Healing Aloe, closet walls are Quiet Moments. I've always wanted to use Quiet Moments somewhere and I liked it so much here, I'm having them use it in another room downstairs.

This shows the closet entry (no door).

This is the hallway... paint color is Lookout Point. I usually don't go for these clear light blues, but this looks very airy and sky-blue to me, so it feels right for this space. Ceiling is painted the same. This is only one coat; not done yet!

Kitchen -- in progress -- this is just one coat of paint. It's Daiquiri Ice. I'm putting jadeite glass pulls/knobs on the cabinets and the paint color is just a bit lighter than the jadeite. Counters will be black.

This is the outside from a few weeks ago. The chimney is finished now so the staging is gone, finally.

Side/back of the house from a couple of weeks ago. The part with all the white is a screen porch. Screens won't be in until Sept., unfortunately. The patio and walkway around the screen porch will be covered in bluestone.

Comments (17)