SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peony4_gw

TheFoxesPad: ? about wall gallery

peony4
9 years ago

I've seen many lovely salon-style galleries in this forum (so please chime in if you have one), but when I want to find them, cannot locate them in a search.

TheFoxesPad, when you created yours in your reading room did you have a plan or a template? What was your process in hanging it all?

I have a large collection of similar style frames (they don't match, but coordinate), and I want to create a salon-style, collected-over-time gallery of family photos in an upstairs hallway. It's in a private area of our home.

If I have to make templates and think about it too much, I won't do it. It's too overwhelming. So, my plan is to start with 2 or 3 central anchor pieces on the wall (I can plan that much). Then, each week, hang 1 or 2 more... then the next week, a few more... etc. My goal is to build it week by week and have it completed by Thanksgiving.

Do you think I can accomplish this without a template, but rather by adding to it each week? Or will it turn out a big mess? Any suggestions are appreciated. This is the look I'm going for.

Comments (19)