SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lee676

Wraparound or Folded Glass Window - Where Do I Get One?

lee676
12 years ago

I will soon need to replace a window that wraps around the front corner of the house offering a view from the dining and living room, that look similar to the windows in the corner of this room:

The view, of course, is bisected by the pillar between the front and side glass. I thought it would be way cool to put a single piece of glass with a 90-degree fold in the middle to provide a panaramic view. So I Googled a bit, and can't seem to find them, although I've seen them on houses before so somebody must make them. Part of the problem is I don't know what they're called. Wraparound windows? Folded glass? Hotwire bent glass? (it's made by placing a hot wire vertically across the glass and folding it). The windows don't need be openable.

I can't find a picture on Google Image Search of a building with this type of window, but I did find one on a car:

That's a 1978 Oldsmobile, so this technique has been around for decades. What are these windows called, where can I buy one, and what do they cost?

thanks!

Comments (10)