SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mistybear11

Please post pictures if you have natural wood trim.

mistybear11
15 years ago

Here I go again. Summer is closing in and I'm getting the urge to bring out the paint. I always tell people it is easier than dusting. lol I have painted this house teal green, eggplant, lighter eggplant and now it is supposed to be a subtle grayish green but everyday it is looking more green. It could be the fact that I don't really love green as my first choice. As much as I am trying to veer away from having purple as my main colour and not my accent, I am still fighting with the proper colour choice.

I have knotty pine baseboard and trim, oak furniture, pine cupboards and dark gray slate tile. Lots of light and love dark colour so why can't I find the right shade of whatever to paint with. I just finished painting the garage doors and front door with a colour called purple martin and was planning on using some of the chips above inside. Inside the colour has the gray tone I'm seeing in my head and outside the colour is brown, according to the neighbours. My house is gray brick with white trim windows and black eavetrough and facings. Different times of the day it has my much wanted purple undershade.

It is just that I find that with the natural trim inside, I have to use dark shades for it to appeal to me. So I thought if anyone has pictures of their home, they might help.

Thanks, Linda

Page 8, 15 over to the right and 3 up from the bottom

Here is a link that might be useful: night owl for inside.

Comments (12)