SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
doodleboo_gw

Pointing fingers and other exercises in futility

doodleboo
15 years ago

Finger pointing is a waste of time. I have probably said it at least a hundred times that EVERY situation is different.

In some cases the step parent is just selfish and jealous of the ex and step kids.

In some cases the step parent makes an honest effort to have a good relationship with the kids but the bio parent makes it impossible.

In some cases the step parent is a truly selfless loving person but the kids are spoiled brats who don't even respect their OWN parents no less a step. Yes, this DOES happen. Children arn't perfect.

In alot os cases the kids are just really hurt over the divorce making it hard to have any relationship with a new parent. This is NO ONES fault.

In some cases the step parent is better than the bio parent and the kids end up closer to the step.

And in other cases the child never feels close to the step and is really close to the bio parent.

Sometimes the kids are close to both and hate being put in the cruddy position of picking one over the other.

In some cases all involved adults are civil and there is no drama.

In some cases one of the adults involved have a hang up and makes everyones life miserable.

There is a thousand different scenarios that could hold true in the blended family situation. When a poster attacks a general group...it is VERY insulting. Alot of what some posters say about SM's does not apply to me at all since my husband is the custodial parent and I have the girls about 10 times more of the time than their own mother. The girls mother is a very disturbed and hung up lady so I would not DARE compare all BIO parents to her. She is in every sense of the phrase a "SPECIAL CASE".

For you on this site who regularly use the term Bio or Step in a generalizing statement, please consider that not everyones circumstances are like yours before you type something stupid. It only makes you look partial and bitter. All step parent Do Not believes steps are always right....because they are not. But equally so, Bio Parents are not gods. We are all humans capable of mistakes and there is NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT PARENT...bio or otherwise so for weeping Christ's sake STOP POINTING FINGERS!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH